*** Call for Paper Proposals ***
Canadian Foreign Intelligence History Workshop
Toronto, 12 July 2018
The Canadian Foreign Intelligence History Project invites paper proposals for a one-day workshop on the history of Canadian foreign intelligence to be held at the University of Toronto on July 12, 2018.
Paper topics might include (but are not limited to):
- The management structures governing foreign intelligence in Canada
- The organizations involved in foreign intelligence collection and analysis in Canada
- The foreign intelligence products and assessments produced by these organizations and their impact on Canadian foreign and defence policy decisions
- The comparison of the Canadian foreign intelligence analytic structure and assessments with those of other countries, particularly Canada’s main intelligence allies
Please submit paper proposals (300 word maximum) and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com by March 1, 2018, and include “CFIHP” in the email subject line. Accepted papers will be pre-circulated so that all participants may read and comment on the papers at the workshop.
- Alan Barnes – Senior Fellow, Centre for Security, Intelligence and Defence Studies at the Norman Paterson School of International Studies, Carleton University – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timothy Sayle – Assistant Professor, Department of History, and Senior Fellow, Bill Graham Centre for Contemporary International History at the University of Toronto – email@example.com
Click here for more details.